What this policy covers
Timescapes Limited, a company registered in New Zealand under company number 1126548 (we, us, our or Timescapes) provides high-resolution visual project tracking and time-lapse services.
Account means a User’s account on the Platform.
Project Portal means the web platform which enables a User to create, view or download images, including timelapse videos, at any time during the term of the licence granted to the Licence by Timescapes.
Personal information means any information that can identify an individual either directly or indirectly (i.e. by reference to other information we have access to).
Platform means the systems we provide (including the Site and Project Portal and other systems).
Services means provision of the Platform any other services provided by Timescapes from time to time.
User means a person who has been invited to use the Platform
2. Personal information we collect
(a) Personal Information you provide to us:
- When a User registers with us to use the Services, including via the Site, we collect the User’s name, representative’s name (where the Services are being provided to a business customer), email address, customer’s physical address and telephone number and project location (User Information).
- Each time you log-in to the Project Portal to use our Services we collect your user name and password (Log-in Information).
- We may collect billing information from the User which includes the User’s name, address, telephone number, credit card details, and other information that is necessary in order to process the transaction (Billing Information).
- If you contact us (e.g. via telephone or email) we collect the User’s name, representatives’ name (if the Service are being provided to a business customer), email address/telephone number, and any information provided to us.
(b) Information we may automatically collect:
Each time you visit our Platform we automatically collect information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, browser type, browser language, information about your device type, operating systems and type of operating system (e.g. iOS or Android) cookies, and the pages you request.
3. How we use personal information
User Information and Log-in Information
- To identify users (including their association with a User) and send notifications related to the use of our Services.
- To verify and grant you access to the Project Portal.
- To provide you with the Services.
- To enable us to send you notifications that are relevant to you. We only send these notifications with your permission and you can opt out at any time.
- To notify you about changes to the Services.
- To let you know about our policies and terms.
- To respond to your questions or concerns and other customer care related activities.
- We may require your Billing Information to provide you with the Services, collect payment for the Services and to manage your Account.
- Where you pay for the Services online, we use a third party service provider. In these circumstances, we do not process, record or maintain your Billing Information. We record the payment method you have chosen.
- If your subscription is auto-renewing, a recurring subscription will be created in our payment system, the payment system will store your billing information on their secure payment gateway for as long as necessary to carry out the terms of your subscription.
- Should you cancel your subscription, your billing information will be removed.
Location information (geo-location and IP address)
- To provide the Services.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting the Platform from specific geographical regions to enable use to us improve our Services.
Technical information (IP address, browser type, browser language, information about your device type, operating systems and type of operating system (e.g. iOS or Android) cookies, and the pages you request)
- To facilitate the provision of the Services.
- To enable us to diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To help us determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.
- To monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
4. Google Analytics
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive.
If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use the Services properly, you may not be able to "sign in" and you may not be able to take full advantage of all other offerings.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
- Require you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your Account contents.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are visiting our Platform.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and Platform traffic.
- Conduct research to improve the content and services provided on our Platform.
7. How we may share personal information
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Third-party service providers. To business that support our Services, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide Platform.
A business that supports our Services may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
- Third-party payment processor. Where you pay for the Services online, we use a third party service provider Stripe. In these circumstances, we do not process, record or maintain your Billing Information. We record the payment method you have chosen.
- Legal purposes. Where it is legally required by a third party of law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction (in which case we will generally require a production order or similar court order unless necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to public health or public safety or the life or health of someone else).
- To enforce our rights and prevent fraud. To protect and defend our rights, property or safety or that of third-parties, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
You may opt out of emails you receive from us by emailing email@example.com
9. How long do we keep personal information?
We retain your personal information for as long as you have an Account or for so long as it is needed to be able to provide our Services.
If your Account is terminated we will delete your personal information unless it is necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, or to prevent fraud or abuse.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. All information we collect and which is uploaded to the Platform is stored with Amazon Web Services, Inc.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your personal information. For instance, never give out your password, and safeguard your user name and password when you are using the Services. You are responsible for maintaining the security of any device on which you access the Services.
11. Accessing and correcting personal information
You may update your Account personal information by logging on to the Project Portal.
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to request confirmation from us that we hold personal information about you and a copy of such personal information. You are also entitled to request the correction of the information we hold about you.
If you would like to exercise either of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should provide evidence of who you are and the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
13. NZ Law
14. Contacting us